Monday, May 2, 2011

GT GREEN TEAM

Throughout the unit I have joined the GT Green Team, and wrote a letter to Mr. Czehut, head of janitorial staff of our school.  We included and asked if we were apart of the Burlington County Recycling Program and if not if we could join it.  Also the Green Team just suggested improving the recycling program and other specifics.  For example, we were wondering if the janitors actually recycled the paper and aluminum cans in the recycling bins and asked Mr. Czehut if not lets try to change that.  This was a fun part of our unit and I hope we are successful in our efforts.

Another aspect that changed me was the Untapped left a great impact on me.  It was about how the water bottle companies are basically unhealthy and steal water.  Also it liters the world and is a waste a natural resources and money.  Now during lunch other GT students and I yell at kids to recycle their cans.  It was funny to do, but it was a serious effort to be more green.  Also, I try to pick up trash on the ground whenever I see it.  In the future I know this Green ideology will stick with me and I will be as green as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment